Cleverhäus is the umbrella term for the diseased body of
work I have created in collaboration with photographer/conceptuator
Dan Bernard (email@example.com), and Kenneth van der Leermaker
(no fixed e-abode).
Our projects have included:
- full catalogue of the work of wildman Hungarian art-photographer
- a library of poems and images pertaining to Cleetus Thumb,
the angry poet of yesteryear, whose style harks back to the
Barnyard Poetry of the 1930s
- guide to little known but quite good Great British Pubs
- the re-unification of the umlaut.
To visit http://www.cleverhaus.com please activate the cathode-ray-sensitive
Who are the Friends of cleverhäus?
The Friends of Cleverhäus are a group
of people who are interested in design and enjoy the maintenance
of this historic design gruppe. Cleverhäus has been managed
by its own charitable trust since 1988. The Trust’s Governing
Committee consists of people from all walks of life including
members of the original shadowy trio that founded Cleverhäus.
It is they who make decisions on the restoration projects and
control the day to day concept-birthing. Most recently they
presided over the installation of The House Colour System (taupe
was chosen for its honesty and integrity) which has fully modernised
the entire corporate client-interface and courtesy keyfobs.
What on earth do you get up to?
The Friends of cleverhäus operate independently,
although an elected member does sit on the Governing Committee.
An individual Friend can participate as much or as little as
they like in the Conceptuating©, or just enjoy the benefits
Whether living locally or in poorer parts
of the British Isles or even further afield, by becoming a Friend
you will be kept informed of the progress of the design ethic,
and be part of what has been called one of the exciting and
important things currently being undertaken in the U.K.
So please sign up
now and find yourself amongst some new Friends!
Benefits like you would not believe...
- Free admission to the website during normal opening hours,
and occasional special night-time candelit design orgy.
- ‘THE POMPOUS GRAPHIC’- free newsletter including:-
• cleverhäus news & features •Reports
on other, inferior, design houses •Exchange of views
(sometimes quite grandiose) • New typefaces, insider
- Regular update on cleverhäus museum restoration projects.
- Annual Christmas social day to Seaford.
- Discount days in the ‘Creutzfeldt-Jakob’ Restaurant
and ‘Umlaut’ Design Shop.
And that's not all!
- Invitation to special cleverhäus events in the Mixed-Sex
Compositing Room (bi-curious welcome).
- Supporting and participating in a unique cleverhäus
restoration, such as the recent restoration of Johann Gutenberg's
- Dance on the Design Floor with our great in-house tribute
- Face-painting for kids and the elderly.